SSBB Team Tournament Rules and Registration (Building in process)

Go down

SSBB Team Tournament Rules and Registration (Building in process) Empty SSBB Team Tournament Rules and Registration (Building in process)

Post by Alpha on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:07 pm

Welcome to Hollow Infinity's Super Smash Bros. Team Tournament!

In order to participate in this tournament, you must have a minimum of 20 posts.

This tournament is suspended until further notice.

This will be strictly a team tournament only, I might consider a 1 vs 1 tournament sometime later on, but for now it will just be a team tournament. This tournament must consist of a minimum of 32 players (16 teams of 2) in order to start it.

Rewards for winning:

The rewards for winning the tournament will be the following, both people on the team shall receive the reward. (example: Amir, and Yume come in first place, they both win the 1st place prize):

1st- An 800-1200 Wii Point game off the virtual Console, Any giga chip image for a rank picture, an optional title of "1st place SSBB team tournament winner", plus any 3 chips able to be sent through a brother banded Nintendo wifi connection for Megaman Star Force 2.

2nd- A 500 Wii Point game off the virtual console, Any mega chip image for a rank picture, an optional title of "2nd place SSBB team tournament winner", plus any 2 chips able to be sent through a brother banded Nintendo wifi connection for Megaman Star Force 2.

3rd- Any mega chip image for a rank picture, an optional title of "3rd place SSBB team tournament winner", plus any 1 chip able to be sent through a brother banded Nintendo wifi connection for Megaman Star Force 2.

Banned items + Banned Stages

Item Rules

-There will be NO items allowed in this tournament, to keep it nice and simple, and not have any organization problems. If you start an official team match round of this tournament, and have items on, then you must restart the match, and do a re-fight afterwards. If I find someone is taking advantage of this re-fight policy, then that member will automatically lose the tournament, and will be banned from all upcoming tournaments as well.

Stages:

http://www.serebii.net/ssbb/stages/

Allowed Stages:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (melee)
Pokemon Stadium 1 (melee)

Debatable Stages:

Delfino Plaza +3
Mario Circuit +2
The Pirate Ship 0
Norfair 0
Yoshi's Island +3
Frigate Orpheon +2
Battleship Halberd +2
Pokemon Stadium 2 +2
Port Town Aero Dive -3
Castle Seige +3
Distant Planet 0
Pictochat 1

Melee Debatable stages

Onett 0
Rainbow Cruise -1
Green Greens +1
Brinstar 0

Non-Debatable Banned Stages:

Brawl Banned:

Luigi's Mansion
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Bridge of Eldin
Spear Pillar
Wario Ware
New Pork City
The Summit
Skyworld
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island

Melee Banned:
Temple
Jungle Japes
Big Blue

Last edited by Alpha on Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:52 pm; edited 30 times in total

SSBB Team Tournament Rules and Registration (Building in process) Windman-Sig-T1

Alpha
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile http://hollow-infinity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SSBB Team Tournament Rules and Registration (Building in process) Empty Re: SSBB Team Tournament Rules and Registration (Building in process)

Post by Saito Kojima on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:01 pm

I would say that there shouldn't be items in general.

They bring too much luck-factor, which is entirely contradicting to the whole tournament idea.

Unfortunately, only I can join in this tournament. I asked Yume if she wanted to be my partner, she was all "Myeh... don't like team battles. Partners always seem to depend too much on me, and I screw up too often."

So yeah, I'll join, and be paired with anyone who's good enough. I'll need a good one, eventual partner, or Canada's Rank 11 is gonna be too much. XDDD

Saito Kojima
Saito Kojima
Hokuto Shin-Ken Denshosha no Michi

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/keitaro-shoryuken

Back to top Go down

SSBB Team Tournament Rules and Registration (Building in process) Empty Re: SSBB Team Tournament Rules and Registration (Building in process)

Post by Jesus on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:56 pm

Must you mention the Canada rank 11 thing every time Brawl comes up? @_@

Anyway, what happens when two teammates don't live together and they win? Do they each get the wii points?

Either way, I'll team with you, Saito.

Five Dollar Footlong
Five Dollar Footlong

Male Number of posts : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:15 pm

Jesus wrote:Must you mention the Canada rank 11 thing every time Brawl comes up? @_@

Anyway, what happens when two teammates don't live together and they win? Do they each get the wii points?

Either way, I'll team with you, Saito.

Yes, even if they are brothers/sisters/friends who live together, both of them will get a 1000/500 point virtual console game.

SSBB Team Tournament Rules and Registration (Building in process) Windman-Sig-T1

Alpha
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:31 pm

That's incredibly generous of you...

Anyway, as for the stages, let's see.

Debatable Stages:

Delfino Plaza - Definitely yes
Mario Circuit - eh... doesn't make a difference to me
The Pirate Ship - NOOOOOO
Norfair - Sure, why not?
Frigate Orpheon - Yes. I love this stage, and honestly, I don't see what's so difficult about jumping when the siren goes off.
Battleship Halberd - The claw is annoying, but I'd give this a yes
Pokemon Stadium 2 - Yes
Port Town Aero Dive - Nah... This stage is annoying
Castle Seige - Yes. What's wrong with it in the first place?
Distant Planet - I love no
Pictochat - Ehhh.... I'm staying neutral on this one

Melee Debatable stages

Onett - Sure
Rainbow Cruise - Definitely not
Green Greens - Yeah. This was one of my favorites.
Brinstar - Nah... everything gets in the way D:

Five Dollar Footlong
Five Dollar Footlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saito Kojima on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:36 am

Here's more ideas for stages.

Debatable:

Shadow Moses Island - Honestly, other than the walls, which can be broken, this level should be pretty much tournament legal.
WarioWare - Depending if items are allowed or not. If they are, then this stage shouldn't be a problem. If items are off, then blegh this one.

Non-Debatable:

New Pork City - Way too weirdly shaped, fighting is basically impossible. Chimera makes fights too luck-based.
Mountain Glacier *or whatever it's called* - Strange shape, and not possible to stay in focus for serious matches.

Meh, I'll get more ideas later.

Saito Kojima
Saito Kojima

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:45 am

Saito Kojima wrote:Here's more ideas for stages.

Debatable:

Shadow Moses Island - Honestly, other than the walls, which can be broken, this level should be pretty much tournament legal.
WarioWare - Depending if items are allowed or not. If they are, then this stage shouldn't be a problem. If items are off, then blegh this one.

Non-Debatable:

New Pork City - Way too weirdly shaped, fighting is basically impossible. Chimera makes fights too luck-based.
Mountain Glacier *or whatever it's called* - Strange shape, and not possible to stay in focus for serious matches.

Meh, I'll get more ideas later.

Shadow Moses Island is so biased against light characters, and so favorable towards heavy characters. Also characters who can't kill characters upwards too well (Metaknight, Samus,) will have a huge disadvantage against characters who can kill upwards effectively (Snake, Ike, etc.).

In my opinion, it's by far the worst biased stage in the game, and for the reasons listed above, it's not debatable for a stage choice.

As for Wario ware.... eh.... I'll think about it, with items off it could be a fair stage....

Either way, please vote for the debatable stages Saito, just like Jesus did for his post.

Last edited by Hollow on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alpha
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino-Muhammed on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:01 pm

Jesus wrote:That's incredibly generous of you...

Don't worry that will appear in the bill later (:

Dino-Muhammed
God
God

Male Number of posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 pm

Warioware would be good if it didn't have the damn invincibility, giant, and healing factors >_>

Five Dollar Footlong
Five Dollar Footlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saito Kojima on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:36 am

Which is why it's only a good stage if Items are allowed.

If Items are off, then the stage becomes blegh.

Saito Kojima
Saito Kojima

Back to top Go down

Post by nant22 on Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:53 pm

are we just setting the rules rite now or is this registration too?
anyway i like the brawl stages you chose and the only debatable one i think should be alllowed in shadow moses. I don't believe it is unfair for light characters because the fast charcters get a big chance thedo extra damage with hit their opponents off the walls and then doing get a short amount of time to get a strong attack in.
nant22
nant22
The Almighty Gamer
The Almighty Gamer

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-07-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by slaydemons on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:03 pm

Delfino Plaza - I guess it's okay, not the worst stage.
Mario Circuit - Does not matter.
The Pirate Ship - yes
Norfair - No it's horrible with the evil lava.
Frigate Orpheon - ok
Battleship Halberd - ok
Pokemon Stadium 2 - ok
Port Town Aero Dive - No
Castle Seige - ok
Distant Planet - ok
Pictochat - ok

Melee Debatable stages

Onett - ok
Rainbow Cruise - NEVER it's the worst stage ever! I cannot kill any one in the stage and I end up killing my self.
Green Greens - ok
Brinstar - I don't hate or love this stage
slaydemons
slaydemons
The Immortal Old Man
The Immortal Old Man

Male Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trie Noir on Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:59 pm

Anyone who says Mario Circuit and Onett are tourney worthy is delusional. Well, perhaps Mario Circuit is possibly counter-pick worthy, but Onett is broken beyond belief. Any stage with a wall should be banned because of the crazy number of infinites that can be performed on a wall. Not to mention Onett has walk-off edges, which aren't very fun either.

I suggest this. (Note some of this is purely opinion.)

Banned: Onett, Port Town, Mario Circuit
Allowed: Rainbow Cruise, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's island (Brawl)

Reasons:

Onett: As I stated, not only does it have walls everywhere, but it has walk-off edges. Prepare to get infinited here.
Port Town: The hazards are strong and fast. True, they're easy to dodge, but getting hit by one is often fatal.
Mario Circuit: This is kinda on the border between banned and allowed. IMO. The karts aren't an issue, but walk-offs are incredibly easy to abuse.

Rainbow Cruise: There's really nothing wrong with this stage, considering the stage always moves in one set path.
Castle Siege: There's nothing wrong with this stage either. The second tier prevents camping, which is a good thing.
Delfino Plaza: There's really nothing wrong here either.
Yoshi's Island(Brawl): This is one of the more balanced stages in the game. O.o

Celestial Mage
Celestial Mage

Male Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:04 am

You can give your opinion without calling people who disagree "delusional"

Five Dollar Footlong
Five Dollar Footlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saito Kojima on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:30 am

I'm glad that Trie agrees with me on tournament rules for stages.

Saito Kojima
Saito Kojima

Back to top Go down

Post by Saito Kojima on Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:56 pm

So, is this going on or what?

Saito Kojima
Saito Kojima

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:00 am

Im okay with almost all the allowed stages except pokemon stadium but im set with characters Sonic(light) Pit (medium) and Snake ( Heavy)
Dante
Dante
Gamma Rank
Gamma Rank

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by slaydemons on Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:59 am

It will begin when (their are more members maybe can't speak for alpha) and remade crusade is done. Also I think luck is a skill one you can't work on but still a skill
slaydemons
slaydemons
The Immortal Old Man
The Immortal Old Man

Male Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down