Hollow Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons?

+2
Bookman
Alpha
6 posters

Go down

Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons?

Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_lcap20%Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 5 ]
Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_lcap8%Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_lcap4%Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_lcap0%Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_lcap12%Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_lcap4%Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_lcap12%Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_lcap8%Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_lcap0%Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 25

Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Empty Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons?

Post by Alpha Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:17 am

What are your top 5 favorite kinds of medieval type weapons?

Honestly, I love every kind of medieval weapon, but my favorites would probably have to be Swords, Hammers, Maces/Flails, Gauntlets, and Scythes.

Last edited by Hollow on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total

Alpha
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-07-18

https://hollow-infinity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons? Empty Re: Favorite 5 Medieval type weapons?

Post by Bookman Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:52 am

I've chosen Sword/Dagger, Staff, Bow and Arrow, Whip, and Other - this last being Halberds/Glaives etc, that aren't here on the list. I suppose that makes it six rather than five, but they're worth it; if I were to choose seven then Trident/Harpoon (similar to Halberd/Glaive) would be on the list for the same reason as they.

Now to explain a few basics about them.

Sword - Probably the most versatile weapon. Pure blade with just a short handgrip, can block and parry hits as well as choose between slashing or stabbing. One problem with swords is that they then to get stuck if you stab a rock or solid wall, and then, you have to pull them out.... but otherwise an excellent weapon.

Dagger - Shorter than a sword, it's tougher to block a dagger stab but harder to block with it, too. Excellent full contact weapon that can make even a sword useless if you wrap together with the opponent. Also, a very stealthy weapon, and good for throwing.

Staff - Either a wooden or metal staff. Weight and hardness are deciding factors, a metal staff being able to stop a sword slash. It's a handy weapon for acrobatics (it can double as a jumping pole), has better reach than a sword, doesn't get stuck in walls (not as often), beats up a foe without blood spurting everywhere (unless you smash the skull right away) and is excellent for trip attacks. A huge downfall is that it can be grabbed, and if the opponent pulls it out of your hands, you're suddenly unarmed.

Bow & Arrows - Medieval ranged weapon. Master Archers could really fire showers of arrows. Worth considering because of its excellent speed and distance, but careful aim is necessary, to slip an arrow in between chainmail plates.

Whip - Flexible weapon, handy for disarming, deflecting blows, slashing the foe across the face, binding the hands or feet, tripping, blinding, tying in full, and finally for miscellaneous kinds of torture. One of the weaker weapons however, and hard to master, needs a lot of precision and agility.

Halberd/Glaive - In essence, a two-handed axe with extended reach. The extra reach can overwhelm an opponent, striking before the enemy can approach, and an overhead swing with a halberd cannot be blocked with a sword because of its greater weight. Also, Halberds and Glaives are handy for stopping cavalry and cutting up the horses' knees, forcing the enemy off their steeds. A problem with them is that, like all reach weapons, their reach becomes a disadvantage if an opponent gets too close.

According to my list of favourites, the weapons would be Staff, Dagger, Bow & Arrow, Sword, Halberd, and Whip.

Bookman
The Barrier Lord
The Barrier Lord

Male Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:18 am

I have a special fascination with Staffs. I love fighting with them myself. It allows for a very versatile acrobatic style of fighting which is what I like.

Daggers are also fun, especially in pairs.

The others I just picked cause I liked them over the rest.
Delta
Delta
The Great Zagini
The Great Zagini

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:16 pm

I love swords, axes, bows, gauntlets, and scythes but my all time favorite are swords just always loved fighting with them.
Dante
Dante
Gamma Rank
Gamma Rank

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by slaydemons Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:27 pm

Top choice is the bow & arrow picking off people from far range looks cool
spears remind me of lances a lot lances aren't there either
slaydemons
slaydemons
The Immortal Old Man
The Immortal Old Man

Male Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Trie Noir Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:50 pm

Rapiers are awesome. They're so light and if used skillfully, could really make havoc. Since they're adept at trusting, not only is it impossible to block, but they can pierce armor, as well. A main-gauche in the off-land to block, parry, and break weapons for my ideal combination.
Trie Noir
Trie Noir
Celestial Mage
Celestial Mage

Male Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by slaydemons Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:35 am

i have to disagree Rapiers are too thin in some cases yes their fast
but easy to break
slaydemons
slaydemons
The Immortal Old Man
The Immortal Old Man

Male Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down