Hollow Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you were in a vegetative state. (Forever coma)

+7
Jesus
ForteBX
Bookman
nant22
SoulBreon
Nick
Alpha
11 posters

Go down

If you were in a vegetative state. (Forever coma) Empty If you were in a vegetative state. (Forever coma)

Post by Alpha Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:45 am

Would you want to remain alive if you were in a vegetative state for the rest of your life?

I know I wouldn't, but what about you guys? Would you want to be kept alive, hoping one day you could be possibly awoken again by the miracles of science?

Alpha
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-07-18

https://hollow-infinity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

If you were in a vegetative state. (Forever coma) Empty Re: If you were in a vegetative state. (Forever coma)

Post by Nick Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:20 pm

Not at all, and mostly because I would not want the people who care about me (If there is any) seeing me like that and dedicating so much of there time at my bedside. I'd much rather have them move on with their lives, to bigger and better things. Same goes for how I die, I would much rather cross the street and get hit by a truck and be "game over" than be in the hospital for weeks or even months while my family and friends watch me slowly die.

Nick
General Cross Marian
General Cross Marian

Male Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

If you were in a vegetative state. (Forever coma) Empty Re: If you were in a vegetative state. (Forever coma)

Post by SoulBreon Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:09 pm

To quote a very funny comedian

Christopher Tidus wrote:If i am ever in a vegitative state, please, kill Tidus. If i am ever Brain dead and can't even feed or change myself, please, kill tidus. Unless, i am funny.

SoulBreon
The Forgotten One
The Forgotten One

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by nant22 Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:14 am

well, i am a strong, christian, so I'm against that word, i'm not sure what it is when they kill you when your in a vegetative state
nant22
nant22
The Almighty Gamer
The Almighty Gamer

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Bookman Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:00 am

That would be Eutanasia..... killing someone to ease the pain.

I'd generally agree with the above opinions, on the basis that once you're clinically dead you are no longer alive; it's a debatable matter but I believe the reasons against further supporting of the patient are good and convincing.

Then again, personally I have this idea in mind: if I were to fall into vegetative state (or be similarly disabled beyond contact), I would want the doctors to still try EVERYTHING they can to save me; even experimental methods, anything. After that, if I'm alive, I'll gladly thank them and pay them for their efforts; but if I die, in my will it'll stand that none of my family members are to pay the costs of their experiments and my failed treatment. They'll be left with the bills then. XD

And they have a right to know beforehand. This should motivate them to try things that'll WORK!

Bookman
The Barrier Lord
The Barrier Lord

Male Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ForteBX Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:23 pm

im really sure that i wouldn't like to be in vegetative state!!!!
ForteBX
ForteBX
Ultimate Forte Fan
Ultimate Forte Fan

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:18 pm

Anybody here actually know what it's like to be in a state like that?

If you're fully unconscious, then you won't even know you're in one, so you'll have neither the will to live nor the desire to die.
Jesus
Jesus
Five Dollar Footlong
Five Dollar Footlong

Male Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino-Muhammed Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:05 pm

How would I decide if I can't even think?

Dino-Muhammed
God
God

Male Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:03 am

Yeah.... That was kinda my point.
Jesus
Jesus
Five Dollar Footlong
Five Dollar Footlong

Male Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:10 pm

Dino-Muhammed wrote:How would I decide if I can't even think?

Thats the point of this thread son, you decide before hand whether you would want to be alive if you were in such a state.

Alpha
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 137

https://hollow-infinity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino-Muhammed Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:08 pm

Hollow wrote:
Dino-Muhammed wrote:How would I decide if I can't even think?

Thats the point of this thread son, you decide before hand whether you would want to be alive if you were in such a state.

Then how can i know if I would be in that state o_o

Dino-Muhammed
God
God

Male Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ness Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:45 pm

Then how can i know if I would be in that state o_o

Answer for the sake of the topic dude.

Anyway.

Keep me alive for 6 months in case I wake up.

Then kill me if I don't wake up.

The idea of being a child but having a old person's body doesn't really appeal to me.
Ness
Ness
Spoiled Obnoxious Brat
Spoiled Obnoxious Brat

Female Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:53 pm

hell no if i were in a forever coma just kill me i dont want my body aging without me awake. Sleep
Dante
Dante
Gamma Rank
Gamma Rank

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by slaydemons Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:55 pm

pull the plug on me I will not burden the hospital staff
slaydemons
slaydemons
The Immortal Old Man
The Immortal Old Man

Male Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum